The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) discusses the goals for advancing quality measurement in the next 5-10 years, focusing on streamlining measures to reduce the burden and the transition to digital quality measures. CMS staff also provides an overview and highlight key components of its newly finalized Digital Quality Measurement Blueprint.
The Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) is discussed in an overview on youtube. The Vision and goals of MACRA Info Sessions include:
- An ongoing process to engage the public in quality measure development.
- Elicit feedback that will help CMS design resources that can help all of those interested in healthcare quality improvement better understand the goals of quality measurement.
- Dedicated Websites
- Measure Development Roadmaps
- Listserv opportunities
The topics included in this youtube presentation include:
- Introduction to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Overview of Existing MIPS Quality Measures
- How New Quality Measures are Implemented in MIPS
- QCDR Measures Compared to MIPS Quality Measures
- Public Reporting on Physician Compare
If you aren’t familiar with the Merit-based Incentive Payment System it might be a good opportunity for you to learn more about it! Stay well, stay informed, and stay tuned!